- 1 whole milk
- ⅜ cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (soft Parkay works great)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon active dry yeast (I use one pkg Red Star brand)
- 5-6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
(Note: glaze ingredients can be easily varied to suite your taste and sweet tooth!!)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place dough ingredients in bread pan, select dough setting, and press "start"
- When dough in bread machine has risen long enough, the machine should signal.
- Remove bread pan and turn out dough onto a floured counter top or cutting board.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a (roughly) 9 x 18 inch rectangle.
- 5-6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine pour the melted butter into a 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan (pyrex glass dish works great) or two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Brush or smear the dough with melted butter (or soft margarine). sakejr
- In a small bowl or jar mix the filling ingredients and then sprinkle over the dough.
- Starting with a long edge, roll up the dough.
- Pinch seams to seal.
- With a knife, lightly mark the roll into 1½-inch sections.
- Use a piece dental floss or heavy thread (about 12-inches long) to cut the roll: slide the floss/thread under the roll, bring the ends up and crisscross and then pull the floss/thread in opposite directions.
- Place the rolls in the pan (previously prepared with glaze).
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Note: At this point you can either let the dough rise and then cook...or you can just put in the fridge for a while until you're ready to rise and cook them. I like to prepare the rolls the night before and the do the rise/cooking the following morning.
- In a warm oven, let the covered rolls rise for 30 to 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Note: To warm oven, turn on the warm setting for a couple of minutes, then turn off. Remove pan(s) from oven to preheat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert rolls onto a large platter (or aluminum foil).
- Scrape excess glaze with a spatula onto rolls!! serve warm!!.