Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
* 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4½ cups rice cereal
- 2 (3½ -ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 5¼ cups milk
- 9 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 pint fresh strawberries
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Heat marshmallows, until marshmallows melts, poking frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in cereal until well-mixed.
- Press down the mixture into an oiled 12-inch pie pan. (To help with this process, you will need to rub your hands with a little oil or margarine.)
- Beat pudding mix, milk, whipping cream, and extract together at high speed for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon mixture into the cereal crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, wash strawberries and remove the stems. Gently press strawberries stem side down into the cream filling.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.