- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a deep mixing bowl.
- Knead approximately 25 times.
- Form into a ball and let set for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to approximately 400°F.
- Divide the dough in thirds and roll out one at a time on a well floured surface as thin as possible.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Fry in the oil, a few at a time until lightly brown on both sides, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels, roll in granulated sugar or top with honey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.