Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 16 servings
Goes well with tortilla chips and an ice cold margarita.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 20 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
1. In a medium glass over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion and salt; sauté for 4 minutes. Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
2. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. With the processor running, slowly add the vinegar.
3. Pour mixture into a sterilized jar with a tight lid. The sauce will keep for 6 months when stored in the refrigerator.