- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- 5 McIntosh apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- half a lemon's worth of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Core, peel, and slice the apples into ¼ or ⅛-inch segments.
- Add lemon juice to the apple segments.
- Transfer excess juices to the pie pan.
- In a separate boiling pot, set the sugar and water to boil to make a simple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and cornstarch.
- When the syrup is done boiling, gradually bring all of the ingredients together.
- Arrange one of the pie crusts on top of the pie pan.
- Add the apple filling into the pie pan.
- Cover the filling with the other pie crust and make three slits on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the pie and set to cool.
- Serve warm with ice cream or frozen custard.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.