Recipe makes four servings.
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 2 cups (16 oz) boiling water
- ½ cup garbanzo flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne or red peppers
- Mix together hot potatoes, shortening, cream, sugar and salt.
- Combine water and potato flakes quickly.
- They will set up firmly and be somewhat dry.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
Omitting the baking powder will result in denser gnocchis.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.