Makes 6 servings.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-size green pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 medium-size red pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 8-3/4-ounce can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cook Onion in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice, beans, corn, peppers, green chiles, chili powder, oregano, salt and ground red pepper. Chill. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle withCheese just before serving.