- 4 lbs. jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup sherry
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, soy sauce and lemon.
- Sautée quickly in the olive oil.
- Remove the shrimp and add the onion, garlic, pepper, bay leaves, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy sauce, cumin, red pepper and sherry to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the shrimp back in, and reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.