- 2 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail
1. Place watermelon cubes in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (There should be 3 cups of the mixture.) Stir in sugar.
2. In a small saucepan combine gelatin and cranberry juice cocktail. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
4. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
5. Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed or until mixture is fluffy.
6. Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings.
Make ahead directions: Pack in airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.